Our 2018 Wilderness Advocacy Leadership Training Sessions (WALTS) is right around the corner!
WALTS March 26-30, 2018
A five-day FREE Advocacy training in Santa Fe, NM
Find your voice for our wild lands! Apply Today with the form below!
Each spring, we hold a Wilderness Advocacy Leadership Training Session (WALTS) for new leaders at an inspiring location. This event is comprised of powerful learning sessions that are hands-on, experiential, educational, and FUN! Our leaders are trained in essential skills to build and motivate Broadbands to use effective and meaningful democratic action to protect the wild places we love most. Topics include:
- How to toughen your stance on ecological issues
- How to interact and advocate for healthy public lands with elected officials and land management agencies
- Grassroots organizing techniques
- Leadership, communication, and lobbying skills
- Wilderness history
- Broads’ positions on issues such as grazing, off-road vehicles, and oil, gas, and mineral development
We train up to 20 new leaders at each training, which takes place over three full days and four evenings. We offer this training, including meals and lodging, at no charge.
Participants are responsible for travel to training and developing a one-year plan for their Broadband. The Broadband Leader position calls for a two-year commitment. Here is the Broadband Leader position description.
Be bold for Wilderness!
Lead a Broadband in your area and make a difference for our wild public lands. Thank you WILDLY for your interest!
“Activism is my rent for living on this planet.” – Alice Walker