Focus Areas: Hikes with a purpose, advocacy, education of ourselves and the public, camping
- Training from the Forest Service on locating and identifying invasive plants. We then conduct fieldwork utilizing the training.
- Gathering signatures at trailheads on petitions to support the expansion of the Mt. Hood Wilderness.
- Hood Campout in September
- GPS Training
- Staff a table at Get Outdoors Day- education of families about wilderness and the Great Old Broads
- Work with Washington Trails Association on documenting the trail conditions in the Dark Divide Roadless Area
- Speaking out at a January 2016 Public Lands Rally
- 22 Solitude Monitoring hikes for Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- Advocacy with Oregon Wild for Mt. Hood Wilderness expansion
- Mt. St. Helens/Dark Divide Campout
- Family Educational Activity Booth at Great Outdoors Day at Ft. Vancouver National Park.
We are not just a hiking group, not just an advocacy group, we are not just a service group. We are all three and more—and it is important that we have fun no matter what we are doing. Please join us in any of our activities or contact us for more information.