Willamette Valley and surrounds, from Salem to Eugene
Co-Leader: Cyndi Anderson
- Old growth timber issues
- NW Forest Plan
- Crater Lake proposed wilderness
- Other proposed wilderness expansions
- Climate change
- Forest planning
- Getting out into the wild!
- Paying attention and attending meetings re: local USFS and BLM land protections and changes to laws/regulations
- Getting out to experience and learn about our local wild lands
- Tabling local events for Broads, such as recent Women in the Outdoors celebration in Eugene and 350.org event at OSU
- Organizing with ONDA and other groups, local 5-day Broadwalk service trips including Steens Mountain, Siskiyous, and Hart Mountain National Wildlife Refuge
- Advocating for wild lands and climate change across the west: writing letters, attending lobbying days at the Capitol, attending public rallies, etc. for wild lands and climate change issues.
- Having FUN at local events and with two other Oregon Broadbands at their events.
We have participated in/sponsored several public events to educate the public about wild lands issues, wilderness, wolves, and timber issues.
An event co-sponsored with OSU: a Science Pub at the Majestic Theatre about the role of wolves in ecosystems, presented by Christina Eisenberg, author of The Carnivore Way. More than 100 people attended and we had a table and sign up for our group in the lobby.
We presented a “Women in Wilderness” art exhibit, in Brownsville at the Brownsville Arts Center in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act in 2014.
- Looking for a local unprotected old growth area to champion!
- We need stewardship projects!