Arizona – Welcome to the Middle Gila Broadband
The Middle Gila chapter serves rural Arizona between Phoenix and Tucson, sweeping from Casa Grande through Florence, and to Superior and Globe.
Roz Switzer & Emily Matyas
- Ecological water sustainability
- Wildlife protection and recovery
- Bureau of Land Management public land protection
- Borderlands Health, including Border Wall removal and damage mitigation
- Exploring the wild
- Pursuing sustainable ecological water legislation for ecosystems & wildlife habitat as a participating member of the Sustainable Water Network.
- Advocating for the full recovery of the highly endangered Mexican Gray Wolf.
- Attending Environmental Day at the Arizona Capitol, public rallies, Earth Day, and educational events about wildlands and wildlife.
- Mapping the environmental disturbance of the border wall to identify areas for immediate removal and habitat restoration.
- Participating in Burrowing Owl relocation as development encroaches on their habitat.
- Hiking and monitoring our desert’s health.