The South San Juan Broadband encompasses a whole lot of beautiful mountain wilderness in southwest Colorado.
Are you passionate about wild, public lands? Want to make a difference in your local area?
As you know, there are numerous areas and issues around in the Four Corners area that need Broad attention. Local voices are the voices that get attention.
We’ll help you focus your energies, teach you how to advocate for your wild, public lands, help you organize local Broads, and share our Broad camaraderie.
- Public education
- Climate Change
- Public lands protection: methane release legislation, monitoring
- Awareness building
- Wild4 Wilderness Monitoring: includes Pika monitoring in conjunction with Mountain Studies Institute (MSI), invasive plant monitoring, and bighorn sheep monitoring (with MSI, CPW, and FS)
- Wolf reintroduction education
- Letters to the Editor
- Service projects in the South San Juan Mountains
- Protests and rallies
- Collaborating with Mountain Studies Institute, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, San Juan Mountains Association, Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, San Juan Citizen’s Alliance and more
Monitoring pika, invasive plants, and bighorn sheep as indicators of climate change and wilderness health; tracking the impact of gas and oil drilling on public lands; and working to educate ourselves and our neighbors regarding issues in the South San Juans.
Camping, hiking and creating projects that support healthy wild lands is just right for some of us; and lobbying and writing letters is just right for others. Either way, we value good food, great friends, and joy in the magnificent wild lands around us. Come join us!