Steamboat Springs, CO, United States, Colorado
Northwest Colorado-Routt, Moffat, Jackson, Rio Blanco Counties
Co-Leader Diane Miller
Co-Leader Nancy Working
- Local trails issues
- Climate change
- Forest planning
- Oil and gas development/impact on public lands
- Getting out into the wild!
- Educating local elected officials about the importance of protecting public lands
- Encouraging local elected officials to take measurable action on climate change
- Monitoring local trails initiatives and advocating for protection of wildlife habitat and quiet use
- Advocating for wild lands and climate change: writing letters, attending public rallies
- Collaborating with local and regional nonprofits on air quality, water quality and oil and gas development issues
- Getting out to experience and learn about our local wild lands
- Co-sponsoring and tabling at educational speaker events and films
- We helped a local nonprofit to garner 100 business signatures on a letter to Steamboat Springs City Council urging action on climate change.
- We were successful in getting Routt County Commissioners to sign a resolution recognizing the value of public lands
- We form the core of a local group writing letters to the editor on climate, the environment and public lands
- We are active in advocating for wildlife corridors and habitat with regard to the Mad Rabbit Project, a local trails initiative.
- Increased visibility in the community
- Regular meetings with lots of attendees!