Northern Idaho from the Salmon River to the Canadian border and includes members from Eastern Washington. The majority of our members are currently located in Moscow and its outlying areas.
- National forest travel management planning
- Wilderness proposals
- Legislative work
- Collaborations with other like-minded groups
- Tabling at events
- Writing Letters to the Editor
- Invasive weed management on public lands
- Trail use monitoring in national forests
- Community service projects
- Collaboration on wilderness campaigns
Our closest Wilderness area is the Selway-Bitterroot with access 155 miles East of Moscow along the Montana border. Due to this distance we have focused our efforts on our local public lands including working with the Friends of the Palouse Ranger District and Friends of the Clearwater on a proposed Land Exchange of the Clearwater National Forest land for clearcut land bordering the Selway-Bitterroot and other parcels throughout Idaho.
In the past we have supported efforts in neighboring Yaak Valley, Montana and North Idaho Cabinet Mountains and Scotchman Peaks proposed wilderness areas. We continue to participate with others active in the Frank Church Wilderness.
We look forward to hearing from those interested in our area.
The protest of megaload shipments up Highway 12. Here's the story.