South Thomaston, ME, USA, Maine
The mid-coast region of Maine
- Advocating against the proposed CMP Transmission Line
- Partnering with the US Fish and Wildlife Service to protect the Maine Coastal Islands Refuges and the Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument
- Identifying and contacting potential partners such as the Sierra Club and the Maine Island Trail Association.
- Getting out to experience and learn about our local wild lands.
- Tabling local events such as the Common Ground Fair, held annually in September and sponsored by the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association.
- Organizing service trips including some with local land trusts and the Maine Coastal Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Having FUN by planning local hikes and kayak trips.
Looking for some Broads in the Portland area to help set up a meeting down there!