Welcome to Cascade Volcanoes Broadband
Become a member of Great Old Broads for Wilderness and join our Broadband!
Climate Change, Wildlife Protection, Forest Protection, Justice, Equity and Diversity
We are not just a hiking, service, and advocacy group; we’re all three and more! It’s important that we have fun no matter what we are doing. Please join us in any of our activities or contact us for more information.
- Conducted grant-funded solitude monitoring training and monitoring sessions with the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area of the Forest Service in Mark O. Hatfield Wilderness areas.
- Assisted Audubon with local bird counts
- Joined Columbia Land Trust for tree planting along riparian areas of Hood River
- Planted native shrubs at Leach Botanical Gardens
- Planted over 350 native trees with Chehalis Land Trust along riparian areas of Chehalis River on grant-funded program
- Participated in invasive species pull at Discovery Trail along Chehalis River
- Tree surveying at Seminary Hill Natural Area with Girl Scouts, Chehalis, WA.
- Trail maintenance with Washington Trails Association, Whipple Creek Park
- Wrote letters supporting sustainable forest management practices for Elliot State Forest
- Provided comments on opposition to Chehalis Flood Control project (dam)
- Submitted comments on support for dam breaching of Lower Snake River
- Submitted comments to Oregon Board of Forestry on climate change and carbon plan
- Provided comments to legislators supporting Wild Olympics Bill
- Submitted comments to Gov. Inslee and Hilary Franz, Commissioner of Public Lands, on fighting climate change
- Planned and attended kayak rally in support of Lower Snake River Dams breaching
- Declarants for litigation urging EIS on Pumice Plain, Mt. St. Helens National Monument in partnership with Sierra Club, Native Plant Society, Cascade Forest Conservancy
- Annual campout at Peterson Prairie Campground on Mt. Adams National Forest
- Continued education of members on the topic of equity and justice with winter Book Groups
- Monthly meetings at Kennedy School, McMenamins, Portland, with guest speakers
- Various hikes and kayak outings