Welcome to Cascade Volcanoes Broadband
Become a member of Great Old Broads for Wilderness and join our Broadband!
Climate Change, Wildlife Protection, Forest Protection, River Protection
We are not just a hiking, service, and advocacy group; we're all three and more! It's important that we have fun no matter what we are doing. Please join us in any of our activities or contact us for more information.
- Joined the Cascade Forest conservancy to survey potential beaver habitat for suitability for beaver reintroduction
- Conducted grant-funded solitude monitoring training and monitoring sessions with the Forest Service in the Mt. Adams and Indian Heaven Wilderness areas. Over 142 miles of trails were monitored for solitude
- Provided trail stewardship at Steigerwald National Wildlife Refuge and Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge
- Assisted Audubon with local bird counts
- Participated in a work party with Washington Trails Association to maintain a trail at Whipple Creek Park
- Joined Cascade Forest Conservancy to monitor culverts for road surveys
- Partnered with Columbia Land Trust in planting natives along riparian areas of Hood River
- Assisted Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership in planting natives at Steigerwald National Wildlife Refuge
- Participated in invasive species pull at Tualatin National Wildlife Refuge
- Planted over 200 native trees and shrubs with Columbia Land Trust and Steigerwald Wildlife Refuge
- Cleaned and placed bird nesting boxes with San Juan Preservation Trust on San Juan Island
- Participated in Climate March in Portland.
- Participated in Rally in Salem to stop the proposed Jordan Cove fracked gas plant and Pacific Connector pipeline from being approved.
- Rallied and lobbied in Olympia, WA and Salem, OR in support of statewide efforts for Clean Energy legislation.
- Lobbied Oregon Congressional delegation on the importance of maintaining the Endangered Species Act.
- Rallied in Olympia, WA to protect orcas and salmon by removing the Lower Snake River Dams.
- Continued education of members with winter Book Groups.
- Annual end-of-season Campout at Timothy Lake Campground in the Mt. Hood National Forest.
- Participated in rally in Salem to oppose the proposed Jordan Cove Fracked gas plant and Pacific Connector pipeline
- Rallied and lobbied in Olympia, Wa and Salem, Or in support of statewide efforts for Clean Energy legislation
- Rallied in Portland and Olympia to protect orcas and salmon by removing the Lower Snake River Dams
- Continued education of members with winter book groups
- Advocated for increased wilderness on Mt. Hood with Oregon Wild
- Submitted comments on rollback of NEPA and Grazing proposals
- Wrote letters and submitted comments to Gov. Inslee’s task force in support of dam breaching on LSR
- Attended Stakeholders forum in Vancouver regarding salmon/orca recovery plan
- Submitted comments on SE Oregon Management Plan
- Presented a thank you card to Gov. Kate Brown for her support of dam breaching on LSR
- Planned and carried out advocacy night at Patagonia event on Jordan Cove campaign
- Attended environmental workshops, classes, and conferences
- Attended fundraising event for protect Hantwick Trail from logging
- Tabled BirdFest event in Ridgefield, WA
- Attended National Stewardship Conference in Bend, OR
- Birding outing at Tualatin Wildlife Refuge
- Beaver and road surveys with Cascade Forest Conservancy
Read the story about our leadership team helping to restore the Western Bluebird population HERE.