Broads Commitment to Behaviors
Respect for People and Communities where we work.
Broads respects the people and partners whose lives and livelihoods are linked to the natural systems we seek to conserve. We respect the needs, values, and traditions of local communities, and we forge relationships based on mutual benefit and trust.
Show integrity and professionalism in our actions.
Broads demonstrates responsibility for our decisions and their consequences. We are accountable to each other, to the mission, to our donors, members, partners, and the public.
Broads is committed to:
- Building a diverse, inclusive, and broader conservation community.
- Acting honestly, truthfully, and with integrity in all our dealings.
- Avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Appropriately handling actual or apparent conflicts of interest in our relationships.
- Treating every individual with dignity and respect.
- Treating our employees with respect, fairness, and good faith and providing conditions of employment that safeguard their rights and welfare.
- Being a good nonprofit citizen and complying with both the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Acting responsibly toward the communities in which we work.
- Being responsible, transparent, and accountable for all of our actions.
- Championing collaboration, creativity, congeniality, and conscientiousness, which we believe is largely the basis of professionalism.