Wilderness Advocacy Leadership Training Session (WALTS)
October 1–3, 2020
Join us for FREE advocacy and leadership training.
Find your voice for our wild public lands. See the form below to apply.
More about WALTS
Wilderness Advocacy Leadership Training Session (WALTS) is comprised of powerful leadership training sessions that are hands-on, experiential, educational, and FUN! Our leaders are trained in essential skills to build and motivate Broadbands to use effective and meaningful democratic action to protect the wild places we love most. Topics include:
- How to take a stand on ecological issues
- How to interact and advocate for healthy public lands with elected officials and land management agencies
- Grassroots organizing techniques
- Leadership, communication, and lobbying skills
- Wilderness and public lands history
- Broads’ positions on issues such as grazing, off-road vehicles, and oil, gas, and mineral development
Participants are responsible for developing a one-year plan for their Broadband. The Broadband Leader position calls for a two-year commitment. Here is the Broadband Leader position description. Contact us to learn more.
Be bold for Wilderness!
Lead a Broadband in your area and make a difference for our wild public lands. Thank you WILDLY for your interest!
“Activism is my rent for living on this planet.” – Alice Walker
Women for the Wild Campaign
Watch this video featuring Grassroots Leadership Director Lisa Pool and learn why your donations to our Women for the Wild Fundraising campaign are so important to our program to train, inspire, and support advocates for America’s wild public lands and waters.