Wilderness Advocacy Leadership Training Session (WALTS)
September 21–25, 2020
Kensington, New Hampshire
Join us for a five-day FREE advocacy and leadership training.
Find your voice for our wild public lands.
See the form below to apply.
Each year, we hold a Wilderness Advocacy Leadership Training Session (WALTS) for members who want to become a Broadband leader. This event is comprised of powerful leadership training sessions that are hands-on, experiential, educational, and FUN! Our leaders are trained in essential skills to build and motivate Broadbands to use effective and meaningful democratic action to protect the wild places we love most. Topics include:
- How to take a stand on ecological issues
- How to interact and advocate for healthy public lands with elected officials and land management agencies
- Grassroots organizing techniques
- Leadership, communication, and lobbying skills
- Wilderness and public lands history
- Broads’ positions on issues such as grazing, off-road vehicles, and oil, gas, and mineral development
We train up to 20 new leaders over three full days and four evenings. We offer this training, including meals and lodging, at no charge!
Become a member of Broads today to participate in this incredible leadership training!
Participants are responsible for travel to training and developing a one-year plan for their Broadband. The Broadband Leader position calls for a two-year commitment. Here is the Broadband Leader position description. Travel scholarships are available; contact us to learn more.
Be bold for Wilderness!
Lead a Broadband in your area and make a difference for our wild public lands. Thank you WILDLY for your interest!