California—Inland Empire Broadband
The Inland Empire Broadband includes Riverside and San Bernardino Counties in Southern California.
The Inland Empire Broadband was formed in June of 2023 following the expansion of leadership in California from two leaders to six leaders. These leaders are forming a coalition to work together to share information and offer support. We plan to provide a monthly Zoom meeting to connect the work being done across the state of California. We will support the efforts of our sister Broadbands in neighboring San Diego/Imperial Counties and Los Angeles County.
We encourage and support new leadership in the remaining counties of Southern California.
Our Inland Empire Broadband has plenty of important conservation issues. While our focus is on Wilderness and public lands, we want to connect with other environmental groups and support the work they are doing as well. We support the 30×30 efforts to conserve 30% of our land and water by 2030.
Our three main focus areas are Education, Conservation, Advocacy, and Stewardship.
- Identify National Parks
- Identify National Monuments
- Public Lands
- City, County, State, and Federal Government
- Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife
- We work with other organizations to provide support for cleanup, planting projects, workshops, and tabling.
Our main geographical areas are the mountains, the desert, the chaparral, and the borders with Nevada and Arizona.
- Mountains: Healthy Forests, Wildfire, Forest Regeneration, National Monuments
- Deserts: Undisturbed Desert Soil, Renewable Energy Projects, Endangered Species
- Chaparral: Wildfire, Endangered Species
- Borders: Colorado River
- Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument Expansion
- Chuckwalla National Monument Proposal
Inland Empire Broadband welcomes everyone. Consider buying a membership for a grandchild, a daughter, a sister, a college student, an intern, a friend, or a relative. We encourage everyone to aspire to BROADNESS as a state of mind!
The magic ingredient in Great Old Broads for Wilderness is FUN! We weave humor and joy throughout our environmental work. This provides the energy and inspiration to persevere when challenges and obstacles arise. Laughter, friendships, and community are the foundation.