Colorado – Northern San Juan Broadband
Ouray, San Juan, San Miguel, Montrose, and Delta counties
- Protection and expansion of wilderness areas
- Monitoring public lands
- Participation in public policy related to government agencies’ management plans
- Education outreach
- Wilderness Solitude Monitoring in the Uncompahgre and Mount Sneffels Wilderness Areas
- Advocate for the passage of the San Juan Mountain Wilderness Act (in collaboration with other conservation groups)
- Advocate for the Citizens’ Wilderness proposal during the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre & Gunnison Forest Plan Revision
- Engage in campaign to promote consideration of wildlife needs/habitat protect in the face of increasing trail development
- Table at public events
- Facilitate a literature circle/book group
We are in need of active members who want to participate in “boots on the ground” monitoring and/or advocacy on behalf of public lands.
We welcome monetary donations toward any of our projects/campaigns. Thank you!!