Nevada—Blue Diamond Broadband
The Blue Diamond Broadband is in the fabulous environs of Red Rock National Conservation Area (RRNCA) and covers the area within a 50-mile radius of Las Vegas, NV.
Are you passionate about wild, public lands? Do you want to make a difference in your own local area and spend time in the beautiful Red Rock National Conservation Area? Become a member of Great Old Broads for Wilderness and come out and participate with the Blue Diamond Broads. Our mission is to clean up, rehabilitate, and restore degraded habitat, no matter how small. We will do some walking, some hiking, lots of beautifying (picking up trash), removing invasive species, revegetation projects, counting birds, and planting milkweed for monarch butterflies!
- Restore areas of habitat that have been forgotten, neglected, or abused
- Rejuvenate pollinator habitats
- Remove the invasive tree species in RRNCA
- Monarch Butterfly Waystation Milkweed Gardens – Spring 2022
- Lower Cottonwood Riparian Area Tamarisk Removal Project – Spring 2022
- Revegetation for Pollinators – year round
- Beautifying area on State Highway 159 (trash removal) – year round
- Partners: Bureau of Land Management, US Department of Fish and Wildlife, Save Red Rock, Cottonwood Water Stewards, Friends of NV Wilderness