New Mexico—Aldo’s Silver City Broadband
The Aldo’s Silver City Broadband covers the Southwest New Mexico region.
Denise Smith, Marcia Stout
- Riparian health of the Gila, San Francisco, Mimbres rivers watershed and their tributaries
- Grazing management on our public lands
- Climate change and the role of our public lands
- Wilderness protection, including against low level flyovers in the Gila National Forest
- Sky Island/Wildways/healthy public lands preservation, extending to the Mexico/New Mexico Border
- Wolf reintroduction and habitat conservation
- Monitoring livestock grazing along riparian corridors in conjunction with Gila National Forest.
- Advocating for healthy borderlands and wildlife corridors, including remediation of border wall impacts.
- Supporting riparian health across the Forests/Wilderness, including opposing ongoing/extension of roads in critical areas.
- Offering a public lands service project annually at our retreat and quarterly hikes to connect with people.
- Supporting local partners such as the Gila Conservation Coalition and Center for Biological Diversity in many projects which affect our area.