The Aldo's Silver City Broadband covers the Southwest New Mexico region.
Welcome to Aldo's Silver City Broadband
Become a member of Great Old Broads for Wilderness and join our Broadband!
- Sky Island/Wildways/healthy lands preservation, extending to the Mexico/New Mexico Border
- Grazing management
- Climate change
- ORV management and monitoring
- Gila, San Francisco, and Mimbres Rivers/riparian health
- Wilderness protection, including against low level flyovers in the Gila National Forest
- Wolf re-introduction and habitat conservation
- Seeking a No-Border-Wall Resolution from Grant County Commission
- Educating the public on the importance of Border health to all
- Commencing grazing monitoring/education project
- Supporting riparian health across the Forests/Wilderness, including opposing ongoing/extension of roads in critical areas
- Supporting local partners such as the Gila Conservation Coalition and Center for Biological Diversity in many projects which affect our area
- Expanding membership to enhance our impact and ability to educate and provide service work
- Identifying and preparing new leaders/co-leaders.
Mary Lynne Newell