Welcome to the Central Oregon Bitterbrush Broadband. Formed in May of 2013, we invite you to join us in building an active and engaged organization. We guarantee many special wilderness experiences along the way, and a lot of laughter!
Our focus areas include building relationships with Oregonians in rural areas, wildlife issues, restoring healthy river flows in our watershed, wilderness protection and climate change.
- BroadWalks: Fun and educational hikes in the Central Oregon region extending from the crest of the Cascades to the John Day River Basin (4-6 per year).
- BroadWorks: Land stewardship service projects that focus on supporting ecosystem health (including 3–5 habitat restoration and noxious weed pulls per year).
- BroadChats: Wine and informal chats on issues related to wilderness protection and advocacy (2nd Tuesday of even months).
- BroadEducation: Presentations from experts on issues related to wilderness protection and climate change (3-5 per year).
- BroadAdvocacy: Support for local, regional and national initiatives that protect wilderness and our environment. We organize public rallies to draw attention to critical issues.
- BroadPartnerships: Partnerships with other national, state and local conservation groups in our community who advocate for and support wilderness protection and minimization of climate change impacts (on going).
Those of us who wish to will also participate in regional and national multi-day Broadwalks organized around specific wilderness issues.